Here at XDA we are hobbyists. We unlock our phones, modify the kernels, and build applications often times for the thrill of the hunt. But with Android being such a large force in the mobile ecosystem, there is an opportunity to turn your hobby into your career. As my grandfather used to say, you will love your work if your hobby is your job.
In this episode new comer to XDA Developer TV Jayce interviews developers and people from the mobile ecosystem and gives you advice for having a career in Android. While we cannot guarantee this will land you a job, it will give you insight into other developer’s experiences. Interviews include Chris Haseman, an Android Engineer from Tumblr, Sachin Monga from Facebook, Jason Mindte VP from DataResolution.net, and Faisal Abid a Software Engineer from Kobo Inc. Check out this video.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos
- Sony Release Boot2Gecko for Xperia E, and The White House Replies About Cell Phone Unlocking – XDA Developer TV
- Android App Review: Backup Your Device with Carbon – XDA Developer TV
- Raspberry Pi and the Root All the Things Box – XDA Developer TV
- Windows Phone App Review: Google Music on Windows Phone with CloudMuzik – XDA Developer TV
- Linux Kernel 3.4 for Galaxy S Plus, Jelly Bean Toggles for Everyone, Tizen OS Info – XDA Developer TV